Have you been involved in planning your child’s education through the Individualized Education Plan?
Are you interested in helping other parents understand
the Special Education process?
Do you have computer and internet experience
and would like to work from home?
If you answered yes to all the questions above,
we may have a place for you on our team!
This is a part-time IEP Coach position for the Northeast area of Florida (Nassau, Duval, Clay, St. Johns, Putnam, and Flagler counties). Must be a resident of the catchment area, Duval or St. Johns counties preferred. Compensation: $12.00 per hour
- Provide one-on-one assistance to parents of children with disabilities in understanding the special education process.
- Utilize phone, e-fax and/or GoToMeeting, providing online internet tours, brief coaching modules, and sharing electronic handouts and resources.
- By phone and/or online, guide parents who are in conflict through conflict resolution options while providing tips and strategies for modeling collaborative behaviors.
- Provide support to parents at IEP/IFSP meetings (usually by phone).
- Collect and provide data in accordance with reporting requirements and provide input related to project activities, customer satisfaction, and effectiveness of strategies.
- Regularly report analysis of progress, feedback, and ongoing and upcoming activities related to the provision of information and assistance to parents.
- Hold in-person one-on-one events within the assigned catchment area.
- Attend training events approximately twice a year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Parent of a Child with a Disability (Others need not apply)
- Experience in Attending Your Own Child’s IEP Meetings
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Telephone & Internet Access (to work from your home)
Please email a letter of interest (explaining how you are qualified) and a current resume to cfpc@CFLparents.org.
We will be accepting applications through Friday, May 30, 2014 and expect to hire on or before June 12, 2014. (Deadline and hiring date may be changed at our discretion.)